Gomukh trek is a popular trek in Uttarakhand state of India. Located at the base of the Gangotri glacier, Gaumukh also known as Cow’s snout is a source of holy river Ganga. On the other hand, Tapovan is located above the Gangotri glacier. This trek will pass traveler through glaciers. Therefore, it is certainly one of the great treks best meant for adventure enthusiasts from across the globe. This trail is rated as moderate and therefore can be undertaken by mountaineers and non-mountaineers with good state-of-health.
The trail to Gaumukh is 18 km long and begins from Gangotri, a small town located on the banks of Bhagirathi River. According to a popular legend, it was here that Goddess Ganga descended when Lord Shiva released the mighty river from the locks of his hair. The Bhagirathi is one of the main streams that later merge into the Alaknanda river at Devprayag in Uttarakhand It gives rise to the river we all call by the name Ganga or Ganges
|Pick-up & Dropping point||Haridwar|
|Starting point of trek||Gangotari|
|Duration||4 day/3 night|
|Best time to trek||May, June and September, October|
First Day- Haridwar to Dharali (altitude- 2534 mtr.)
- Our Journey will start from Haridwar at 6:00 a.m.
- During the 280 km long Drive one will come across Various beautiful sites like maneria waterfalls and the change in terrain as you reach near Dharali is worth a site
- Reach Dharali by Evening. Check in at the Hotel followed by rest.
- An introduction & briefing session with the trek leader and fellow travelers.
Second Day- Dharali to Bhojbasa Via Gangotri (Bojbasa altitude- 3775 mtr.) 15 Km Drive and 14 Km Trek
- After an Early Breakfast the Team will head towards the Gangotri temple, Get a dip in the Bhagirathi river and go to the Mandir Darshan for seeking the Blessing for the Trek ( if time Permits )
- Stop Midway for Lunch
- Reach Campsite by the Evening, drop off your bags.
- After Evening Snacks, go for a small walk and explore Bhojbasa, You will find the famous Bhojbasa tree which was earlier used as a paper.
- Dinner at the Campsite
Third Day- Bhojbasa – Gaumukh –Dharali (Gaumukh altitude 4023 mtr.) 22 Km Trek + 15 Km Drive, Approx 6 Hours Trek
- Being a long Day, After an Early Breakfast the team will Head towards the Gaumukh Glacier after a trek for about 2 Hours i.e. 4 km the team will reach the Gaumukh Glacier. Reaching the glacier one can witness peaks such as Bhagirathi, Swargrohini etc.
- On the way to return, Stop for lunch at Bhojbasa
- Return to Gangotri and Drive back to Dharali
- Stay in Hotel
Fourth Day- Dharali to Haridwar
- After Breakfast, Check Out from Hotel
- Drive to Haridwar
|Transport from Haridwar to Dharali and return as per the itinerary||Meals during Transportation & any kind of personal Expenses.|
|Trek equipment’s : Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (triple sharing), Snow Grips/Micro Crampons for winter treks (if necessary)||Unscheduled or extended stay due to road blocks, Landslides|
|Food(Veg Only- Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner)||Porter / mule charges (Personal), back pack offloading Charges|
|Accommodation in Hotel/Guest House||Cost of Evacuation in case of emergency.|
|Experienced Trek Leader, Guides and a very supportive staff|
|First aid medical kits, Oxymeters & oxygen cylinder|
|Bon Fire in the campsite (Depends on Forest rules)|
|Backpack / Ruck Sack||at least 55 ltr.|
|Small day bag||upto 15 ltr. for summit day|
|Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries||1 Nos.|
|Water bottle or Hydration bag||1 ltr. or 2 ltr.|
|Personal Medical Kit||Consult your doctor|
|Rain Cover for Ruck Sack||1 Nos.|
Be comfy at the trek
|Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves)||2 Nos.|
|Track Pants||1 Nos.|
|Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night||1 Nos.|
|Fleece jacket or fleece upper||1 pair|
|Good Thermals for insulation at night|
Think about your head
|Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)||1 Nos. (One that covers the neck as well)|
|Woolen Cap||1 Nos.|
|Dark Sunglasses||People who wear spectacle may use photo chromatic lenses in their specs|
Mind your step
|warm socks||2 pair|
|normal cotton socks||2 pair|
|Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support.||1 pair|
Keep these handy
|Waterproof Gloves||1 pair|
|Fleece/woolen gloves||1 pair|
|Quick dry towel||Tooth brush & Tooth paste|
|Hand Sanitizers||Lip Balm and Cold Cream|
|Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)||Liquid soap|
|Mobile charger||Power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)|
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy.
- No of Persons (1-4) : Hatch Back – Alto, Swift or Equivalent Vehicle
- No of Persons (5-8) : Tata Sumo/Mahindra Bolero or Equivalent Vehicle
- No of Persons (9-12): Tempo Traveler
Cancellation Policies of Trek
|If trek cancel by the our side||If trek cancel by the customer side|
|If, you seat transfer to a friend|
(a) You can anytime transfer your seat to your friend but he / she has to fulfill all the formalities before the day of the Event.
(b) Replacement would not be applicable on any public transport booked for original participant; in that case booking for new member has to be done again.
|Refunds are initiated and will reach to your account between 1 -16 working days of cancellation|