Bedni Bugyal is one of the most beautiful alpine meadows located at the border of Garhwal and Kumaon in Chamoli district in the Uttarakhand state to bring the most amazing views of the mighty Trishul Parvat (7120 meters). Bedni Bugyal at an altitude of 3,354 meters above the sea level brings the varied colors and diversified splendors of nature and is considered amongst the finest altitude of grasslands in the Garhwal mountains (altitude 3354 meters) famous for wild high altitude flowers and herbs during the spring thaw, and thaws the splendid view of the Greater Himalayan range.
For as far as the eye can see, scenic mountains, deep valleys and lofty mountains present the most memorable sunsets and sunrises, and above all, the enormous western flank of Trishul and the Nanda Ghunti overlooks this heaven on earth! One of the larger Bugyals (High altitude meadows) in Uttarakhand, The Vaitarni lake (also called the Bedni Kund) is located in this region, and is famous for the rare Brahma Kamal flower, and is also a major way-station on the Nanda Raj Jaat Yatra, a ritual procession held every 12 years. Bedni Bugyal also serves as a stopover for the famed Roopkund trek.
|Pick-up & Dropping point||Kathgodam, Nainital|
|Starting point of trek||WAN, Chamoli|
|Duration||5 day/4 night|
|Best time to trek||Mid June – October|
First Day- Kathgodam to Lohajung (altitude- 2337 mtr.)
- Picked up from Kathgodam Bus/Railway Station at 6.00.a.m.
- Approx 250 km beautiful ride Kathgodam to Lohajung Kumaon passing through Almora, Kausani, Gwaldam.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided during the journey (inclusive of charges).
- Lohajung, as the locals say, is the place where Goddess Parvati had a war (jung) with the demon, Lohasur. Hence, the name, which translates to ‘War with Lohasur.’
- Halt and Dinner guest house /hotel in Lohajung.
- An introduction & briefing session with the trek leader and fellow travelers.
Second Day- Lohajung-Wan-Gharoli Patal (altitude- 3010 mtr.) 12 km. drive & 7 km. trek
- Excursion from Lohajung to Wan in a cab after breakfast, followed by a 7 km to Gharoli Patal.
- The trek commences from Wan village, with a initial steep climb followed by gradual walk.
- The trail passes through forest offering variety of flora and fauna with glimpses of Neelganga River along the way.
- Arrival at the campsite, followed by evening refreshments.
- Dinner at the campsite, followed by rest in the camps.
Third Day- Gharoli Patal – Ali Bugyal – Bedni Bugyal (altitude 3354 mtr.) – 7 km. trek
- Excursion to Bedni Bugyal from the campsite after breakfast.
- Bedni Bugyal is one of the most beautiful high altitude meadows with relatively easy grade crossing different meadows in between.
- The trail will pass through Ali Bugyal, another high meadow situated nearby Bedni Bugyal.
- Lunch at Ali Bugyal followed by sightseeing.
- Departure to Bedni Bugyal post lunch and sightseeing.
- Arrival at the Bedni Bugyal campsite followed by evening snacks.
- You may visit Bedni Kund after the refreshments.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the camps.
Fourth Day- Bedni Bugyal to Lohajung
- Morning hike to Bedni Top for a magnificient view of Himalayan Peaks.
- Excursion to Lohajung from Bedni campsite after breakfast.
- 13 km descend trek to “Wan” village crossing Gharoli Patal.
- 12 km drive from “Wan” village to Lohajung.
- Arrival at Lohajung in evening.
- Stay at a hotel/guest house in Lohajung.
- Dinner at Lohajung followed by rest in hotel.
Fifth Day- Lohajung to Kathgodam
- Departure from Lohajung to Kathgodam after the breakfast
|Transport from Kathgodam to Lohajung and return as per the itinerary||Meals during Transportation & any kind of personal Expenses.|
|Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (triple sharing), Snow Grips/Micro Crampons for winter treks (if necessary)||Unscheduled or extended stay due to road blocks, Landslides|
|Food(Veg Only- Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner)||Porter / mule charges (Personal), back pack offloading Charges|
|Accommodation in Hotel/Guest House on Day 1 and day 4||Cost of Evacuation in case of emergency.|
|Experienced Trek Leader, Guides and a very supportive staff|
|First aid medical kits, Oxymeters & oxygen cylinder|
|Bon Fire in the campsite (Depends on Forest rules)|
|Backpack / Ruck Sack||at least 55 ltr.|
|Small day bag||upto 15 ltr. for summit day|
|Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries||1 Nos.|
|Water bottle or Hydration bag||1 ltr. or 2 ltr.|
|Personal Medical Kit||Consult your doctor|
|Rain Cover for Ruck Sack||1 Nos.|
Be comfy at the trek
|Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves)||2 Nos.|
|Track Pants||1 Nos.|
|Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night||1 Nos.|
|Fleece jacket or fleece upper||1 pair|
|Good Thermals for insulation at night|
Think about your head
|Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)||1 Nos. (One that covers the neck as well)|
|Woolen Cap||1 Nos.|
|Dark Sunglasses||People who wear spectacle may use photo chromatic lenses in their specs|
Mind your step
|warm socks||2 pair|
|normal cotton socks||2 pair|
|Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support.||1 pair|
Keep these handy
|Waterproof Gloves||1 pair|
|Fleece/woolen gloves||1 pair|
|Quick dry towel||Tooth brush & Tooth paste|
|Hand Sanitizers||Lip Balm and Cold Cream|
|Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)||Liquid soap|
|Mobile charger||Power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)|
*Subject to change as per trek & customer
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy.
- No of Persons (1-4) : Hatch Back – Alto, Swift or Equivalent Vehicle
- No of Persons (5-8) : Tata Sumo/Mahindra Bolero or Equivalent Vehicle
- No of Persons (9-12) : Tempo Traveler
Cancellation Policies of Trek
|If trek cancel by the our side||If trek cancel by the customer side|
|If, you seat transfer to a friend|
(a) You can anytime transfer your seat to your friend but he / she has to fulfill all the formalities before the day of the Event.
(b) Replacement would not be applicable on any public transport booked for original participant; in that case booking for new member has to be done again.
|Refunds are initiated and will reach to your account between 1 -16 working days of cancellation|