Brahamtal Trek, Uttarakhand
Brahamtaal trek has been named after the Brahamtaal Lake, located in Uttarakhand. The trek is known for offering the right amount of snow that makes a trek exciting. Even though the trail doesn’t climb to the highest of altitudes, yet it is known to offer views of some high peaks. A small lake and a few forests act as the bonus offerings in this trek.
The Himalayas let you venture into adventurous and stunning treks like the Brahamtaal Trek. The amount of snow at the trek lures every trekker to take up the challenge. The Tranquilizing forests coupled with the impressive views of the Himalayas are a treat to the shutter bugs.
Brahamtaal Trek reveals a heavenly facet in winter when the snow gently falls on its slopes. The Frozen River Lake with the mighty Himalayan peaks overlooking it, creates a mesmerizing ambience. The trekkers are awed by the views of the mountain summits which are over 7000 meters high. Where else would we encounter such high peaks at such close proximity, we wonder.
It is a place where silence dominates every sound other than you’re footsteps and you’re heartbeat. As they say the view from the top is always great. One can see the Himalayan ranges from East to West. Following are the attractions or say the highlights of the trek are:-
- Mrigthuni, Trishul, Bethartoli Himan and the famous Nandaghuti, Neel kantha, Chaukhamba, Kamet, Hathi and Ghoda peaks.
- A view of Roopkund is also visible, which in itself is an amazing trek.
- Two Frozen Glacial Lakes – Brahmatal & Bekaltal
|Pick-up & Dropping point||Kathgodam, Uttarkhand|
|Starting point of trek||Lohajung|
|Maximum Altitude||3690 m|
|Duration||5 night/6 days|
|Best time to trek||January to March and September, December|
|Grade||Easy to Moderate|
First Day- Kathgodam to Lohajung (Altitude 2316 mtr.)
- Picked up from Kathgodam Bus/Railway Station at 6.00.a.m.
- Approx 250 km beautiful ride Kathgodam to Lohajung Kumaon passing through Almora, Kausani, Gwaldam.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided during the journey (inclusive of charges).
- Lohajung, as the locals say, is the place where Goddess Parvati had a war (jung) with the demon, Lohasur. Hence, the name, which translates to ‘War with Lohasur.’
- Halt and Dinner guest house /hotel in Lohajung.
- An introduction & briefing session with the trek leader and fellow travelers.
Second Day- Lohajung to Bekaltal (Altitude 2,953 mtr.) – 6 km. trek
- Excursion from Lohajung to Bekaltal after breakfast, trail comprising of 6 km.
- The trail passes through forest offering variety of flora and fauna and will give way to small village Mandoli. Water source available at the village.
- The trail continues in gradual ascents and will pass through the confluence of Kali and Pindar River.
- Arrival at the Bekaltal campsite & Lunch at the campsite.
- Evening walk to Bekaltal from the campsite. Evening refreshments and snacks followed by dinner at the campsite.
Third Day- Bekaltal to Brahamtaal (Altitude 3,182 mtr.)- 7 km. trek
- Excursion to Brahmatal from the campsite after breakfast. The trek will pass through forests of Oak and Rhododendrons before opening up to large meadows of Telandi with Mt. Trishul and Mt. Nanda Ghuti in the backdrop. Steep patches in between the trail and carry enough water as trail is deprived of water sources.
- Descend down to Brahmatal campsite after the meadow. Arrival at the Brahmatal campsite followed by evening refreshments and rest.
- Walk to Brahmatal in the evening. Dinner and overnight stay at the camps.
Fourth Day- Brahmatal to Brahmatal Top (Altitude 3690 mtr.) & back- 10 km. trek
- Trek to Brahmatal Top from the campsite after the breakfast. Moderate to steep climb to Brahmatal top.
- Carry 2-3 litres of water as trail is deprived of water points.
- Arrival at the summit point with Himalayan peaks like Mt. Trishul, Mt. Nanda Ghuti, Mt. Chaukhambha, Nilgiri, Neelkanth in the backdrops.
- One can also view The Panchachulli Peaks from the summit point.
- Rest and packed lunch at the Summit point. Excursion back to Brahmatal campsite from the summit point.
- Arrival at the campsite followed by evening refreshments. Dinner and stay at the camps.
Fifth Day- Brahmatal to Lohajung – 13 km. trek
- Excursion to Lohajung from Brahmatal campsite after breakfast. 13 km descend trek crossing Bekaltal.
- Arrival at Lohajung in evening. Stay at a hotel/guest house in Lohajung.
- Dinner at Lohajung followed by rest in hotel.
Sixth Day- Lohajung to Kathgodam (250 km. drive)
- Departure from Lohajung to Kathgodam after the breakfast
- 250 km ride back to Kathgodam via Gwaldam, Kausani, Almora, Expected time of arrival 7 P.M
|Transport from Kathgodam to Lohajung and return as per the itinerary||Meals during Transportation & any kind of personal Expenses.|
|Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (triple sharing), Snow Grips/Micro Crampons for winter treks (if necessary)||Unscheduled or extended stay due to road blocks, Landslides|
|Food(Veg Only- Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner)||Porter / mule charges (Personal), back pack offloading Charges|
|Accommodation in Hotel/Guest House on Day 1 and day 5||Cost of Evacuation in case of emergency.|
|Experienced Trek Leader, Guides and a very supportive staff|
|First aid medical kits, Oxymeters & oxygen cylinder|
|Bon Fire in the campsite (Depends on Forest rules)|
|Backpack / Ruck Sack||at least 55 ltr.|
|Small day bag||upto 15 ltr. for summit day|
|Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries||1 Nos.|
|Water bottle or Hydration bag||1 ltr. or 2 ltr.|
|Personal Medical Kit||Consult your doctor|
|Rain Cover for Ruck Sack||1 Nos.|
Be comfy at the trek
|Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves)||2 Nos.|
|Track Pants||1 Nos.|
|Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night||1 Nos.|
|Fleece jacket or fleece upper||1 pair|
|Good Thermals for insulation at night|
Think about your head
|Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)||1 Nos. (One that covers the neck as well)|
|Woolen Cap||1 Nos.|
|Dark Sunglasses||People who wear spectacle may use photo chromatic lenses in their specs|
Mind your step
|warm socks||2 pair|
|normal cotton socks||2 pair|
|Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support.||1 pair|
Keep these handy
|Waterproof Gloves||1 pair|
|Fleece/woolen gloves||1 pair|
|Quick dry towel||Tooth brush & Tooth paste|
|Hand Sanitizers||Lip Balm and Cold Cream|
|Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)||Liquid soap|
|Mobile charger||Power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)|
*Subject to change as per trek & customer
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy.
- No of Persons (1-4) : Hatch Back – Alto, Swift or Equivalent Vehicle
- No of Persons (5-8) : Tata Sumo/Mahindra Bolero or Equivalent Vehicle
- No of Persons (9-12): Tempo Traveler
Cancellation Policies of Trek
|If trek cancel by the our side||If trek cancel by the customer side|
|If, you seat transfer to a friend
(a) You can anytime transfer your seat to your friend but he / she has to fulfill all the formalities before the day of the Event.
(b) Replacement would not be applicable on any public transport booked for original participant; in that case booking for new member has to be done again.
|Refunds are initiated and will reach to your account between 1 -16 working days of cancellation|