Kuari Pass Trek in Uttarakhand
|Pick-up & Dropping point||Haridwar, District Haridwar|
|Starting point of trek||Dhak Village, Joshimath, District Chamoli|
|Duration||5 day/4 night|
|Best time to trek||January to April and September to December|
First Day- Haridwar to Joshimath (altitude- 1875 mtr.)
- Pick-up from Haridwar Bus or Railway Station.
- Drive Route- Haridwar—Rishikesh—Devprayag—Srinagar(G)—Rudraprayag—Jhoshimath (Distance- 256 km)
- The town of Joshimath is also nick named as Jyotirmath and is the winter seat of Lord Badri, whose idol is brought down from Badrinath temple to Vasudeva temple at Joshimath. This holy town is revered by the Hindus for being an important pilgrimage centre of the country.
- Breakfast and lunch in the road side inns and will be paid by the individuals.
- Accommodation & dinner in a guest house/hotel.
- An intro & briefing session with the Team leader and travelers.
Second Day- Joshimath — Dhak Village — Tugasi Village — Guling Campsite (altitude- 2828 mtr.) 12 km. road ride & 5.6 km. trek
- After breakfast on 12 km. drive then trek will begin from Dhak village.
- Lunch and refreshments will be served midway between Tugasi village and Guling Campsite.
- Arrival at the campsite. Evening refreshments and rest in the camp after that Dinner.
Third Day- Guling Campsite to Khulara (altitude 3389 mtr.)- 6 km. trek
- After breakfast we will going to Khulara campsite
- Khulara is a vast campsite surrounded by coniferous forests of oak, pine and rhododendron accompanied by a water streams all over the campsite area.
- The trek to Khulara from Guling is of moderate ascent.
- Arrival at the campsite till late lunch hours. Rest at the campsite.
- An acclimatization walk in the evening to prepare for the summit climb.
- Evening refreshments and dinner at the campsite.
Fourth Day- Khulara — Kuari Pass — Guling Campsite (altitude 4264 mtr.)- 16 km. trek
- After breakfast, ascent to Kuari Pass.
- Steepy and moderate climb followed by level walks of 5 km.
- Carry 1-2 liter of water individually.
- Packed lunch will be served at the view point of the pass.
- Return back to Guling campsite via Khulara. Dinner and rest in the camps.
Fifth Day- Guling Campsite – Joshimath — Haridwar (altitude- 2828 mtr.) 256 km. road ride & 5.6 km. trek
- Excursion to Joshimath from Guling campsite via Dhak Village after breakfast.
- Trek till Dhak village followed by 12 km drive to Joshimath from Dhak.
- Lunch at Joshimath, followed by 256 km drive to Haridwar post lunch.
- Evening refreshments to be provided in the road side inns.
|Transportation facility from Haridwar to Haridwar||Meals during Transportation & any kind of personal Expenses.|
|Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (triple sharing), Snow Grips/Micro Crampons for winter treks (if necessary)||Unscheduled or extended stay due to road blocks, Landslides|
|Food(Veg Only- Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner)||Porter / mule charges (Personal), back pack offloading Charges|
|Accommodation in Hotel/Guest House on Day 1||Cost of Evacuation in case of emergency.|
|Experienced Trek Leader, Guides and a very supportive staff|
|First aid medical kits, Oxymeters & oxygen cylinder|
|Bon Fire in the campsite (Depends on Forest rules)|
|Backpack / Ruck Sack||at least 55 ltr.|
|Small day bag||upto 15 ltr. for summit day|
|Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries||1 Nos.|
|Water bottle or Hydration bag||1 ltr. or 2 ltr.|
|Personal Medical Kit||Consult your doctor|
|Rain Cover for Ruck Sack||1 Nos.|
|Be comfy at the trek|
|Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves)||2 Nos.|
|Track Pants||1 Nos.|
|Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night||1 Nos.|
|Fleece jacket or fleece upper||1 pair|
|Good Thermals for insulation at night|
|Think about your head|
|Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)||1 Nos. (One that covers the neck as well)|
|Woolen Cap||1 Nos.|
|Dark Sunglasses||People who wear spectacle may use photo chromatic lenses in their specs|
|Mind your step|
|warm socks||2 pair|
|normal cotton socks||2 pair|
|Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support.||1 pair|
|Keep these handy|
|Waterproof Gloves||1 pair|
|Fleece/woolen gloves||1 pair|
|Quick dry towel||Tooth brush & Tooth paste|
|Hand Sanitizers||Lip Balm and Cold Cream|
|Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)||Liquid soap|
|Mobile charger||Power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)|
*Subject to change as per trek & customer
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy.
- No of Persons (1-4) : Hatch Back – Alto, Swift or Equivalent Vehicle
- No of Persons (5-8) : Tata Sumo/Mahindra Bolero or Equivalent Vehicle
- No of Persons (9-12): Tempo Traveler
|If trek cancel by the our side||If trek cancel by the customer side|
|If, you seat transfer to a friend|
(a) You can anytime transfer your seat to your friend but he / she has to fulfill all the formalities before the day of the Event.
(b) Replacement would not be applicable on any public transport booked for original participant; in that case booking for new member has to be done again.
|Refunds are initiated and will reach to your account between 1 -16 working days of cancellation|