Kunjapuri Sunrise Trek
Kunjapuri Devi Temple is located about 27 KM from Rishikesh in the Tehri district of Uttarakhand, India. Kunjapuri is positioned at a height of 1645 meters and lends a panoramic sight of the Himalayan peaks to the North and Rishikesh, Haridwar and the Doon valley to the South. Kunjapuri Temple is dedicated to the goddess Sati (the wife of Lord Shiva).
According to Hindu mythology, the father of Sati was not pleased when Sati married Lord Shiva. He organized a yagna but didn’t invite Sati or Lord Shiva. Sati got angry and went there uninvited. Her father humiliated Lord Shiva in public. Disturbed by this, Sati jumped into the fire and ended her life. When Lord Shiva came to know about this, he destroyed the yagna and carried Sati’s body on his shoulders towards the Himalayas. Lord Brahma felt that if the final rites are not completed, she couldn’t take rebirth as goddess Parvati. Then Lord Vishnu took his Sudarshan Chakra and cut her body into pieces. So while Lord Shiva was carrying the dead body of Goddess Sati in his arms and wandering through the Himalayas, the body parts of Goddess Sati fell down at different places. These places are called Shakti Peethas. The Kunjapuri temple is located where the chest of the Goddess was fallen. This temple is one of the 3 Shakti peethas in Tehri District and was founded by Jagadguru Shankaracharya. The other 2 shakti peethas are Surkanda Devi temple & Chandrabadni Devi temple.
Kunjapuri Devi Temple is also most popular for sunrise panoramic views in between nature lovers.
|Pick-up & Dropping point||Rishikesh to Rishikesh|
|Starting point of trek||Kunjapuri|
|Maximum Altitude||1645 mtr.|
|Duration||5 to 6 hours|
Day 1st– Rishikesh-Kunjapuri-Rishikesh (28 km. Drive & 10 km. Trek)
- Start the trip day early morning to enjoy a sunrise and Devi Darshan.
- Drive of 28 kms between lush green forests and mountain views.
- For 360-degree view of mountains and an amazing sunrise reach through stairs (both side 300 step)
to the temple.
- Start a trek between beautiful villages, forests, small water streams, agricultural lands.
- Experience local life along the trek route.
- Near the end of route, you can stop at Neer Gaddu Waterfall for a refreshing dip.
- After a refreshing dip continue down trek to reach highway and back to our office
- Guide Charges
- Tea & Snacks
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Any kind of insurance
- Personnel Expenses
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion
- Departure Time– 5 am (Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb) 4:30 am (March, Sep, Oct) and 4 am (April, May June).
- Carry your personnel medical kit
- Light and comfortable clothing is recommended, with shoes appropriate for trek.
- We suggest you carry your own water bottle for the trip.
- This trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details
check our cancellation policy.
Cancellation Policies of Trek
|If trek cancel by the our side||If trek cancel by the customer side|
|If the trek is cancelled due to any unavoidable Circumstances like Bharat bandh, natural disaster and other situation beyond the control of our company then we will not refund booking amount but we provide a trek Coupon/paper where you can opt for the same trek for a period of one year.|