Tungnath is the highest Shiva temple in the world and is the highest of the five Panch Kedar temples located in the mountain range of Tunganath in Rudraprayag district. The temple is believed to be 5000 years old and is the third (Tritiya Kedar) in the pecking order of the Panch Kedars. It has a rich legend linked to the Pandavas, heroes of the Mahabharata epic.
Tungnath temple lies about 1.5 km below the Chandrashila Peak. The climate of Tungnath is generally cool throughout the year. Summers are very pleasant with average temperature hovering around 16 degrees Celsius during the day time.
Chandrashila is summit of the Tungnath . It literally means “Moon Rock”. It is located at a height of about 4,000 meters above sea level. This peak provides views of the Himalayas, including Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch and Chaukhamba peaks.
Tungnath Chandrashila trek route is a blessing for the weary souls who are in search of peace and tranquility. This beautiful trek takes on through verdant meadows, deodar forests and the majestic Tungnath Shrine.
|Pick-up & Dropping point||Haridwar, District- Haridwar,|
|Starting point of trek||Sari village, District- Rudraprayag|
|Maximum Altitude |
|Duration||3 day /2 night|
|Best time to trek||January to June and September to December|
First Day – Haridwar to Deoriyatal via Sari Village (altitude- 2438 mtr.) 2.5 km. trek
- Journey will start from Haridwar according to decided time.
- After approx 233 km road rides we will reach Sari Village.
- Drive across the cities of Rishikesh, Devprayag and Rudraprayag travelling alongside the River Ganga experiencing some best of the views during the travel.
- Breakfast and lunch during the travel will be provided in the road side inns.
- 5 Km Trek to Deoriyatal Camp site.
- Dinner and rest at the campsite.
Second Day- Deoriyatal Campsite – Chopta – Tungnath Temple — Chandrashilla & back to Chopta (altitude- 4000 mtr.) 6 km. trek
- Return trek to Sari village from Deoriyatal Campsite and take breakfast at Sari Village
- After 16 Km drive to Chopta, 4.5 km trek to Tungnath temple.
- After a little bit rest at the Tungnath temple site followed by a moderate trek of 1.5 km to Chandrashilla Peak from the temple.
- After reached Chandrashila peak, take packed lunch and after return back to campsite.
- With evening snacks & dinner rest in the campsite.
Third Day- Chopta Campsite to Haridwar
- Drive down for Haridwar from Chopta after breakfast.
- We will reach near about at 9 pm, so you should plan accordingly.
|Transport from Haridwar to Haridwar as per the itinerary||Meals during Transportation & any kind of personal Expenses.|
|Trek equipment’s: Sleeping bag, mattress, tents – Alpine Tents in Deoriyatal and Luxury Tents in Chopta, Snow Grips/Micro Crampons for winter treks (if necessary)||Unscheduled or extended stay due to road blocks, Landslides|
|Food(Veg Only- Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner)||Porter / mule charges (Personal), back pack offloading Charges|
|Experienced Trek Leader, Guides and a very supportive staff||Cost of Evacuation in case of emergency.|
|First aid medical kits, Oxymeters & oxygen cylinder|
|Bon Fire in the campsite (Depends on Forest rules)|
|Backpack / Ruck Sack||at least 55 ltr.|
|Small day bag||upto 15 ltr. for summit day|
|Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries||1 Nos.|
|Water bottle or Hydration bag||1 ltr. or 2 ltr.|
|Personal Medical Kit||Consult your doctor|
|Rain Cover for Ruck Sack||1 Nos.|
Be comfy at the trek
|Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves)||2 Nos.|
|Track Pants||1 Nos.|
|Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night||1 Nos.|
|Fleece jacket or fleece upper||1 pair|
|Good Thermals for insulation at night|
Think about your head
|Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)||1 Nos. (One that covers the neck as well)|
|Woolen Cap||1 Nos.|
|Dark Sunglasses||People who wear spectacle may use photo chromatic lenses in their specs|
Mind your step
|warm socks||2 pair|
|normal cotton socks||2 pair|
|Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support.||1 pair|
Keep these handy
|Waterproof Gloves||1 pair|
|Fleece/woolen gloves||1 pair|
|Quick dry towel||Tooth brush & Tooth paste|
|Hand Sanitizers||Lip Balm and Cold Cream|
|Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)||Liquid soap|
|Mobile charger||Power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)|
*Subject to change as per trek & customer
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy.
- No of Persons (1-4) : Hatch Back – Alto, Swift or Equivalent Vehicle
- No of Persons (5-8) : Tata Sumo/Mahindra Bolero or Equivalent Vehicle
- No of Persons (9-12): Tempo Traveler
Cancellation Policies of Trek
|If trek cancel by the our side||If trek cancel by the customer side|
|If, you seat transfer to a friend|
(a) You can anytime transfer your seat to your friend but he / she has to fulfill all the formalities before the day of the Event.
(b) Replacement would not be applicable on any public transport booked for original participant; in that case booking for new member has to be done again.
|Refunds are initiated and will reach to your account between 1 -16 working days of cancellation|